A Truvada lawsuit is a claim against the pharmaceutical company Gilead Sciences, Inc., in the matter of Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2881.
The case alleges that those who use this drug may develop renal failure, bone-thinning, and other serious side effects.
What is Tenofovir?
Tenofovir is used to treat chronic hepatitis B and HIV infections, in combination withother antiretroviral drugs. This drug does not entirely eliminate the virus, but it helps control it.What are the side effects of tenofovir? Common Injuries from TDF (tenofovir disoproxil fumarate) drugs
- Acute or chronic kidney disease,
- Kidney failure,
- Fanconi syndrome,
- Osteoporosis, and
Gilead’s TDF medications are subject to litigation.
For HIV-negative patients:
For HIV treatment, not prevention:
- Atripla, also goes by the name Efavirenz
- Complera, also goes by the name Rilpivirine
- Stribild, also goes by the name Elvitegravir, Cobicistat, and Emtricitabine
- Viread, which treats hepatitis B in addition to HIV, also goes by the name Tenofovir DF
1. Health Navigator. (N.D). Tenofovir. Retrieved from https://www.healthnavigator.org.nz/medicines/t/tenofovir/#:~:text=It%20is%20called%20an%20antiviral,who%20have%20chronic%20hepatitis%20B
2. Shouse Injury Law Group. (N.D) Truvada® Lawsuit 2022. Retrieved from https://www.shouselaw.com/torts/truvada/
3. Healthline. (N.D.) Tenofovir, Oral Tablet. Retrieved from https://www.healthline.com/health/drugs/tenofovir-oral-tablet#side-effects